Artistic and Cultural Impact
Ballet Idaho has been performing in Idaho since 1972. Currently Ballet Idaho has an artistic staff of 26 dancers, a professional teaching staff of 15, a professional costume designer, a production staff of three, and an administrative staff of 12. Up to 40 musicians from the Boise Philharmonic and two pianists provide musical accompaniment for our performances, rehearsals, and classes depending on the production or project.
Ballet Idaho offers a full season of 22 performances from November through May. We offer a professional Academy of Dance, training students in classic ballet and extensive educational outreach programs for students in Boise, the Treasure Valley, and throughout Idaho. As the only professional ballet company in Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming, Ballet Idaho provides important artistic opportunities and experiences that greatly enrich the creative vitality of the Idaho community.
Ballet Idaho served a total audience of 23,871 this past year and its educational outreach programs served over 15,000 students during the academic year.
Programs and Services
- Ballet Idaho Academy: Our Academy offers professional training in ballet and other dance forms with year-round open enrollment. Classes are held in five state-of-the-art studios at Esther Simplot Performing Arts Academy in Downtown Boise. Our Academy offers professional training in ballet and other dance forms with year-round open enrollment. Classes are held in five state-of-the-art studios at Esther Simplot Performing Arts Academy in Downtown Boise. During the summertime, Ballet Idaho Academy offers summer camps, summer ballet, maintenance classes, and a summer intensive.
- Youth Ensemble School Performances: Led by Ensemble Director, Adam Still, Academy students tour local schools and community venues with a selection of dances and a lecture demonstration. The production is designed with interactive elements and its aim is to engage and educate the audience on dance history and performance
- Academy Concerts: Upper and lower level classes present end-of-year performances in May
- Learning Through Dance: A ten-week Artist-in-Residence outreach program for third-grade classrooms in Boise, and the Treasure Valley, with unique curriculum developed by Ballet Idaho
- By Special Invitation: Our program provides an opportunity for individuals represented by local organizations from a wide array of socio/economic/ethnic backgrounds to attend a full production of Ballet Idaho’s main-stage performances, free of charge
- Summer Intensive, Summer Camps, Summer Classes in Ballet Idaho’s Academy