We are hiring! Apply for the Development Director position
19 January 2018 by admin
Director of Development Job Description
Working with Executive Director and the board of directors, this position will oversee formulating and implementing fundraising goals, strategies and programs, including but not limited to, annual gifts for operating capital, corporate sponsorship and support, capital campaigns for production assets, special event fund-raiser management and long-term fund development, including a planned giving program and an endowment.
The successful candidate will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have experience in successful fundraising and strategic planning with quantifiable knowledge and solid relationship-building skills within the arts and education fields. Demonstrated fund development success required. Demonstrated experience with donor and patron relations and excellent communication skills are also necessary.
Excellent teamwork, presentation, organizational and analytical skills are essential with detailed and accurate financial forecasting ability. Proficiency in MS office suite is required along with other donor relations software systems. Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in arts/education preferred or corresponding career experience.
The Director of Development (DoD) provides the leadership and direction for Ballet Idaho’s comprehensive fundraising program. The DoD manages and implements Ballet Idaho’s development plan including but not limited to, Trustee Giving, Major Gifts, Membership, Corporate Sponsorships and Support, Foundation and Government Grants, Annual & Capital Giving Campaigns, Prospect Management and Special Events.
Creation of annual fund-raising budget to include income and expenses for the department. Creation of specific strategies and tactics to facilitate the fulfillment of budgetary goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Guide and prepare Board members in identifying, cultivating, and engaging donors
• Work closely with the Executive Director to identify prospective leadership for Ballet Idaho’s Board of Directors, Board committees, and gala fundraising events
• In conjunction with senior staff, devise, and recommend strategies for organization’s long-term fundraising objectives
• Report to executive leadership and Board of Directors on a bi-monthly basis
• Attend Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, Ballet Idaho performances, and other organizational events as appropriate
• Manage ongoing donor communication via verbal, written, and electronic correspondence, and ensure that all donor relationship information is recorded in Ballet Idaho’s database
Annual Campaign, Sponsorship, Major Gifts and Special Events:
• Meet expected revenue goals slated for all areas of giving (Individual gifts, Corporate Giving, Foundation/Government Grants, Special Events, special campaigns)
• Adhere to expense guidelines as set forth in the annual budget
• Research, cultivation, and stewardship of prospective donors corporate, foundation, and individual
• Creation and implementation of direct mail campaigns, sponsorship materials, and other projects
• Oversee donor recognition program
• Oversee planning and execution of numerous cultivation/recognition events and activities annually including but not limited to: Academy fundraiser, Fall Gala, Pre-performance dinners, Open rehearsals, Post performance events, backstage tours and cultivation events
Data Management and Materials Development:
• Develop methods to ensure proper acknowledgement and recognition of donors
• Maintain database, files and records of development activities involving identifying, cultivating, soliciting and tracking gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations and other fundraising activities
• Participate in the development of fundraising materials