Ballet Idaho Board of Directors
Lawyer/Evans Keane LLP/Partner
Please describe your education and career history, highlighting any philanthropic, artistic, or nonprofit work.
Before law, David set enterprise-level financial strategy for a startup software company, and later served clients seeking tax guidance with an international public accounting firm. David is well versed in overcoming the challenges founders face when starting a new business, building a team, or raising capital, in addition to defining and executing on the objectives those components support. David’s mission is to empower his clients, entrepreneurs and investors to achieve their visions both personally and professionally.
David graduated from Gonzaga University with a B.B.A. in accounting, finance and entrepreneurship. He earned his J.D. from the University of Idaho College of Law.
- Vice-Chair, Idaho State Bar Business and Corporate Section (2022 – Present)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man & Woman of the Year 2019 (Raised over $80,000 to fund blood cancer research)
- City of Boise “A Clean City for Everyone” Transition Team (2020)
- Director/Pro Bono Legal Counsel: Boiler Room Chats Inc. (2018 – Present)
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel: Charitable Assistance to Community’s Homeless, Inc. (d.b.a. “CATCH”) (2016 – 2020)
- Member: Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce Food & Ag Industry Advisory Board (2016 – 2017)
- Director/Treasurer: Idaho Support Our Troops Inc. (2015 – 2016)
- Advisory Board Member: Boise State University Venture College (2013 – Present)
- Director/Pro Bono General Counsel: Bishop Kelly Lacrosse Booster Club (2012 – 2016)
- Director (2014 – 2016)/Member (2012 – Present): Boise Club, Rotary International
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel for Non-Profit Formation: Rotary Club of Boise Foundation, Inc. (2014)
- Secretary/Treasurer/Networking Chair: Idaho State Bar Young Lawyers Section (2011 – 2015)
- Boise Regional Scholarship Chair: Gonzaga Alumni Association Boise Chapter (2011 – 2012)
- Advisory Board Member: Hogan New Venture Lab Advisory Board (May 2005 – 2016)
- Founding President: University of Idaho Business Law Association (September 2009 – May 2010)
- Founding Treasurer: University of Idaho Black Law Students Association (September 2009 – May 2010)
Why did you join the Ballet Idaho family?
I appreciate that ballet combines visual and auditory artistry with grueling athleticism and want to be sure Idahoans have an opportunity to appreciate this art form performed live well into the future.
If we were to dance to any song, which one would you choose?
Für Elise, because it’s usually stuck in my head and is the first tune I can remember whistling.