EDUCATION & OUTREACH
Ballet Idaho impacts our community in a number of ways; both through educational programming that extends our company and faculty into the community and through inviting audiences to come and join us inside our theater venues for special performances. Ballet Idaho’s Educational Outreach and Inreach programs are supported through individual membership gifts as well as through generous contributions from a charitable trust, foundations, and corporate giving.
Dance programs help students:
• Grow social and communication skills.
• Learn how to work as part of a team.
• Develop a greater sense of trust and cooperation.
• Make new friends.
• Regular dance practice can increase your child’s flexibility, range of motion, physical strength and stamina.
• Dance can improve muscle tone, correct poor posture, increase balance and coordination and improve overall cardiovascular health.
• Students who have a background in dance tend to achieve significantly higher SAT scores.
• Art education can potentially help students to excel in other academic areas, particularly in reading and mathematics.
• Art programs can be particularly beneficial in helping children develop their cognitive, motor and language skills.
• Art programs can help to improve memory and concentration skills, develop decision-making and critical thinking skills, enhance communication and listening skills, help children to establish spatial-temporal relationships between objects and encourage focus and discipline.
• A foundation in the arts can also help to improve literacy skills, particularly among children who are just beginning to read.
LEARNING THROUGH DANCE
Ballet Idaho’s Learning Through Dance (LTD) program empowers children by providing interactive and performance-based arts programming that fosters confidence, creative thinking, and communication skills that will support them in future employment and education endeavors.
The Ballet Idaho Youth Ensemble program encourages the development of each young dancer through experiences that inspire excellence in dance, education, and life.
Comprised of upper-level students of the Ballet Idaho Academy, our Youth Ensemble performs short ballets in conjunction with our Learning Through Dance educational outreach programs. Admission to the elite Ensemble program is by audition only through our Ballet Idaho Academy. Members act as ambassadors of the Ballet to our Treasure Valley schools and other community venues including Art In The Park, Capitol City Farmer’s Market, Idaho Botanical Gardens and more.
Ballet Idaho has partnered with Boise Independent School District and the Morrison Center Arts Education Programs to bring students from 1st to 12th grade into the theater to experience the magic moments of live performances of professional ballet. Students are invited to participate in excerpted versions of our full length ballets at the Morrison center for Performing Arts. In conjunction with the excerpted performance, Ballet Idaho provides the teachers with a study guide that provides students with a broader understanding of the performing arts and the historical context behind each production.
Use the contact form below to get more information about bringing your students to one of our student matinees.
BY SPECIAL INVITATION
Our By Special Invitation program provides an opportunity for individuals represented by local organizations from a wide array of socioeconomic backgrounds to attend a full production of Ballet Idaho’s mainstage performances free of charge.
Sponsored blocks of tickets are distributed to partner social service organizations and individuals who would not otherwise have the means or opportunity to attend a live performance. Approximately 2,800 children, veterans, refugees, and their families benefit from the program each season. By Special Invitation furthers a significant part of Ballet Idaho’s core mission; to bring diverse groups of people together for a common experience and communicate through fine music, choreography, performance, scene design and costumes, a deeper understanding of the way in which classic ballet relates to the other arts and the values of Western culture.
From a Headstart Parent:
“Thank you so much for the opportunity to experience the ballet. It was potentially a life changing experience for my son, Zeke. Your generosity and the talent of the dancers are wonderful models for my son’s growth. My admiration and gratitude is yours.”
If you would like to be a beneficiary of our By Special Invitation program, please fill out the form below.
The Ronald McDonald House
Breaking Chains Academy of Development
Brown Like Me
Open Arms Dance Project
Women’s and Children’s Alliance
Big Brothers Big Sisters
TICKET DONATION REQUESTS
Ballet Idaho is excited to partner with other 501(c)(3) organizations to create immersive dance performances and educational experiences that are accessible to all. Our ticket donation program is a way for us to fulfill our mission to foster community and help you achieve your fundraising goals. A Voucher good for two tickets to any Ballet Idaho performance, in Section B, is a great way to entice bidders at your event!