The full time position of Marketing Assistant supports the Marketing Director in website management, marketing design elements, and ticketing.
General responsibilities include:
– Maintain BalletIdaho.org by updating imagery and copy
– Assist with design creation and manipulation
– Ticketing management for in-house performances and events
– Manage patron relations and season ticket requests
– Answer the general phone in the marketing and ticketing department
– Design monthly e-newsletter, including writing content, image selection and proofing
– Periodically assists with manning the front desk to interact with Ballet Idaho Academy students and parents
– Oversight and troubleshooting ticketing at events
– Event support- attend every special event, Academy event, and company performance to assist with ticketing and other tasks as needed
– Maintain and utilize branding standards in all communication
– Keep common office areas tidy and organized
– Assist Marketing Director with the performance of her duties
Specific ticketing duties include:
– Assist in producing various order forms for ticket specials
– Accept, review for accuracy, and process orders in SalesForce
– Answer questions from renewing and new subscribers
– Monitor who has not renewed and follow up with a phone call
– For new subscribers – prepare Thank You notes and brief outline of when to expect Season Tickets in the mail
– Monitor the Season Subscription List in SalesForce and amend as necessary for tracking purposes
– In late July, seating charts
o Create Morrison Center seating chart for all performances based on subscriber seat preferences
o Reconcile tickets with subscriber list
– In late August, prepare season ticket mailing to include
o Executive Director letter thanking them and with general instructions (donate tickets back if unused)
o parking pass if purchased or Silver Circle donor
o parking maps
o all tickets
– Accommodate subscribers who purchase or change seats after seating chart is generated
– Gift Certificates: generate, process redemptions, communicate with guest and MC
– Know which ticket specials are running and how they work
– Groupon/Living Social/Amazon: process orders, follow up with guests, distribute tickets in-office or at MC
– Comp tickets: arrange dancer, board member, staff comps and any other upon request of Marketing Director. Adhere to deadline of Monday prior to performance.
Personality: Extreme attention to detail, and self-driven with a positive outlook. A natural forward planner who is mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with donors, sponsors and board members. Reliable and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well presented, groomed, and businesslike. Flexible to work the occasional odd and long hours leading up to and at events and performances.
Specific Job Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use Adobe Design CS6 (Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Excel and experience in website maintenance and upkeep.
Ideal background would be Public Relations, Marketing or Communications recent grad or entry level. Salary is $25,000/year.